Front Desk-Optical Practice – Cedar Park, TX
Why You’ll Love this Job
Are you a reliable professional looking to join a stable, growing organization with a supportive work environment? Would you like to join a close-knit team that works together to ensure every patient has a great experience? Would you enjoy working in a private optometry practice backed by a premier nationwide network, with the best marketing, patient products and continuing education in the industry?
Don’t miss this opportunity to join a friendly hard working practice!
Interviewing immediately! Apply today.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Front Desk Receptionist works with the staff and doctors to keep the office running smoothly and efficiently. This includes handling calls, scheduling exams, checking patients in and out, verifying insurance, updating contact information at each visit, and assisting with referrals.
- Handle calls to the practice, including patient calls.
- Greet patients on a regular basis and provide excellent patient care; check patients in and out.
- Greet business associates and others who visit the office.
- Schedule patient’s appointments; actively work to reschedule as openings are established.
- Contact patients to confirm appointments.
- Assist with referrals.
- Acquire medical history and chief complaint of patient.
- Prepare patient chart and ensure confidentiality of all records.
- Update contact information at each visit.
- Track and report daily scheduling metrics.
- Maintain patient records in billing/scheduling system.
- Perform simple bookkeeping such as collecting all patient balances and co-pays and post accurately.
- Verify insurance information.
- Assure waiting and office area is clean, neat and organized.
- Administrative duties for this position include faxing, copying, making phone calls, preparing patients' medical records, scanning, and entering extensive data in the office's computer system.
- Extremely efficient, organized and resourceful
- Must be flexible and able to function well in a fast-paced environment with great interpersonal skills to deal with many personalities
- Strong decision making skill
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Shall be able to read, write, and speak English well enough to effectively communicate with patients and other staff members
- Have knowledge of computer operations and proficiency in the use of basic word processing, data entry, and automated records
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- 2 years assisting in an eye care practice, diagnostic testing and patient care.
- Additional front office or office management experience
Type: Full Time (Salaried)
Job ID: 1822
Internal Job Title: Front Desk/ Reception-Cedar Park Vision Center, PA