Bilingual Optometric Technician Job – Houston, TX
Why You’ll Love This Job
Aldine Eye Clinic, P.A. in North East Houston is the perfect place to be a part of a small team that works to make patient’s lives better. If you are friendly, dependable, and enjoy helping people this is going to be the perfect place for you to continue your Optometric Technician career. Apply today!
Optometric Technician Responsibilities
- Perform visual field screening, retinal imaging, and auto-refraction tests
- Gather information about a patient’s vision history
- Assess eyeglass desires and purchasing plans
- Instruct contact lens insertion, removal, care, and replacement
Skills & Qualifications
- The ability to work well with technology and various instruments
- Extremely efficient, organized and resourceful.
- Strong customer service and the ability to be a calming presence when patients may be nervous.
- Shall be able to read, write, and speak English well enough to effectively communicate with patients and other staff members.
- Must be computer literate w/ a strong typing speed.
- High School diploma
- Prior experience as an Optometric Technician or in the optical industry
- Spanish speaking required
- Experience with OfficeMate software
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Date Posted: Wed, 6 Dec 2017 04:19:56 GMT