Associate Optometrist Job – Waco, TX
Why You’ll Love This Job
Waco Vision Source has consistently had growth above the national average since Dr. Virden purchased the luke-warm practice in 2000. We are looking for the team members committed to providing the best eye care and the best patient experience to our Central Texas community.
Our total renovation will be complete in March 2019, in preparation for our next chapter. We moved from 750 sq ft to 1850 sq ft in 2006. In 2011, we aded another 1550 sq ft of back office space and storage. Our renovation will result in 3400 sq ft of fully usable space with 5-7 exam rooms in our beautiful office condo setting. We will have capacity for 3-4 optometrists as we grow.
Our associate doctors will be expected to practice at the highest level of optometric training, utilizing:
- Marco TRS automated refracting systems
- OPD Scan3 AR + topographer
- Optos Daytona retinal imaging
- iCare and Goldmann tonometers
- Maculogix AdaptDx early detection for macular degeneration
- Konan Specular Microscopy
- Zeiss Humphrey Cirrus OCT for optic nerve, macula and anterior seg
- Zeiss Humphrey VF
- Crystal PM EHR
- The most modern ophthalmic products from Essilor, Bausch+Lomb and CooperVision
- An excellent support team with certifications and continuing ed encouraged
- Surgical co-management of cataract/CLE, laser vision correction, oculoplastics, and cornea
Waco is centrally located, about 90 miles from both DFW and Austin. Living options range from urban lofts to rural farms within 20 minutes of the office. Outdoor recreation, numerous museums, NCAA sports, a revitalized downtown area, and minimal traffic offer excellent quality of life.
Dr. Virden is a Past President of the Texas Optometric Assoc, Vision Source Administrator and consultant for Bausch+Lomb. She is Board Certified by the American Board of Optometry and a Fellow of the American Academy of Optometry.
Type: Full Time (Salaried)