Associate Optometrist Job – Alexandria, LA 19999
Why You’ll Love This Job
Why You’ll Love This Job!
If you would enjoy hanging your shingle at an established private practice where you can earn competitive pay and grow your career into a possible partnership, Vision Source Optometrists in exciting Alexandria, LA, has a full-time Associate Optometrist position tailor-made for you!
As an Associate Optometrist with us, you will have access to the latest in state-of-the-art equipment with which to treat your appreciative patients from the surrounding community. Your customer base is already established so you can hit the ground running with assistance from a professional and cheerful support staff. And, with a perfect work/life balance that gives you evenings or weekends off, you will have plenty of time to explore your amazing surroundings. Located in the heart of Lousiana, Alexandria offers the best of all worlds: fishing, hunting, water sports, hiking, bicycling and team sports, plus a plethora of cultural events and festivals — and we are close to several large metropolitan cities for weekend getaways.
Grab this excellent opportunity before it disappears! Apply for Vision Source’s Associate Optometrist opening today!
Associate Optometrist Responsibilities
- Perform vision tests and analyze results
- Diagnose sight problems and eye diseases
- Prescribe eyeglasses, contact lenses and medications
- Provide treatments such as vision therapy or low-vision rehabilitation
- Provide pre- and post-operative care to patients undergoing eye surgery
- Evaluate patients for the presence of diseases and refer to other healthcare providers as needed
- Promote eye health by counseling patients, including explaining how to clean and wear contact lenses
Associate Optometrist Qualifications
- College degree
- Licensed OD
- Basic Optometry and Paraoptometric training
- Optometric testing
- Data Entry Software experience preferred
- Spanish-speaking preferred
Type: Full Time (Salaried)