Associate Optometrist Job – Alamogordo, NM
Why You’ll Love This Job
New graduates welcome! No evenings or weekends required!
In your new role as Optometrist in this practice, you will have the opportunity to learn from a highly sought-after Optometrist whose expertise includes serving as an investigator for the U.S. Food & Drug Administration as well as private companies, board director for the New Mexico State Optometric Association, president of the New Mexico State Board of Examiners, and consultant for two organizations for the blind and visually impaired. Additionally, your mentor Optometrist is an adjunct professor and has served six terms in public office, earning numerous awards and honors.
Grow your Optometrist career within a high-quality, low-stress office where you will be given the support and training you need to consistently improve your patients' lives.
During your off time, you will enjoy all that Alamogordo, NM, has to offer. This bustling, historic city of 32,000 is nestled between the Sacramento Mountains to the east and Holloman Air Force Base to the west, and is said to have been inhabited by people for at least 11,000 years! Alamogordo boasts a mostly mild climate year ’round and, as a result, offers plenty of outdoor activities from which to choose including several parks, golf courses, the Alameda Park Zoo, and a large network of walking paths. In addition, you will find a diverse offering of restaurants, an active nightlife and several museums.
Apply today to join the Vision Source team and propel your Optometrist career in an organization with future ownership opportunities!
Associate Optometrist Responsibilities
- Provide excellent eye health and vision care to patients to the full extent of licensure in the state of New Mexico
- Examine patients having a full range of visual problems by using a full field of optometry instruments and techniques
- Perform comprehensive eye exams
- Prescribes and fits contact lenses including specialty lenses
- Co-management of patients with specialists as needed including post-operative eye care will be expected
- Ensure flawless accuracy in taking measurements and diagnosing ocular conditions
- Assisting staff with providing excellent patient service and placing the patient's needs first
Associate Optometrist Qualifications
- Graduation from an accredited school of Optometry required
- Licensed to practice in New Mexico
- No experience necessary/training provided
- Patient-focused, caring and personable
- Team focused
Type: Full Time (Salaried)